Parents Love Newborn Photos
An overview of DIY or hiring a professional photographer
While it has been around for years, newborn photography is still a very popular and ever increasing trend among new parents. Whether looking to catch that perfect pose of their sleeping baby or in search of an artist that can provide unique, creative ideas, parents are constantly seeking new and improved solutions that would allow them to show off their adorable newborns to the world in a better, clearer light – quite literally.
Capturing the First Special Moments
One of the most common reasons for infant photography catching on so easily is the way babies change during those first few weeks and months of life.
Being witness to the growth and development right before your eyes is a precious and adorable opportunity you want to treasure. It also gives us a chance to look closer into the fascinating way babies learn to discover and move around in their environment.
Each day brings something new, especially for couples that have just been blessed with their first child. Newborn photography provides them with an elegant means of capturing all those unique moments, expressing the joy and beauty of guiding a child through those first steps in life.
Equipment is Getting Better For DIY Photos
Technology has come along way in recent years and the presence of so many new hi-tech cameras and gadgets that can take remarkable quality pictures. Nowadays, for a relatively accessible price, parents can buy their own high end devices, allowing for easy snapping and artistic photography.
Devices used for DIY baby shoots:
- Small, portable digital cameras that eliminate blur and distortions, allowing you to capture your little one in his/her best poses;
- Smartphones that let you take pictures, save and share them with friends and family in an instant;
- Quality laser printers that can print crystal clear images of your baby for hanging on walls or setting on nightstands;
- Easy to use editing software for adding that extra touch to make photographs stand out.
The Magic of Editing Software
Advanced editing tools can really help make pictures clearer, but for parents who don’t have the money to invest in a digital camera or pay off a photographer, cheap – and even free – editing solutions available online have made all the difference. Nowadays, you don’t even need props or professional lighting. All you have to do is snap a picture of your baby, and with the help of a website or software designed for editing pictures, adding backgrounds and even creating catchy, unique themes you can save, parents can create their very own arts studio right on their PCs.
Advantage Of Using A Professional
No parent can fail to see her baby as that remarkable “work of art” chiseled by nature into the perfect shape. Photography is the best means to share that beauty and innocence with the world, with an added artistic touch. Of course parents can choose to take the images themselves as a “do it yourself” solution but having a professional photographer really guarantees you will get high quality images of your baby to cherish forever. Professionals can add their artistic touch and experience to the session and really make the photos pop.
- More and more professional photographers specialize in infant photography today in what is recognized as a rapidly expanding niche. Parents are, therefore, never in a shortage of artistic options that can be used to enhance their little ones’ image.
- The use of colourful clothes and props have been a trendy addition since the start of infant photography, flowery blankets, brightly coloured flowerpots, fluffy angel wings and cute, animal themed hats being the talk of the internet today.
- Wood textures and nature inspired backgrounds seem to be just as popular as fairytale themes when it comes to adding an artistic touch to newborn photography.
- The baby’s swift, spontaneous movements may produce incredibly unique imagery that can offer priceless results even without editing.
If you are looking for a true professional to take beautiful pictures of your newborn baby, I Portrait Photography is a professional Brisbane photography studio and loves capturing those special moments with your baby. We are dedicated to delivering high quality photographs that you will cherish forever, and we assure you that we will provide a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so that your little one will feel as relaxed as possible.
This article was published by Melissa Downs – Google+